Web Mail & Web Portal:
TruVista offers several online services that help you use your communications services on-the-go and make the most of your Internet experience.
- A single (one-time) sign-on, with cookies enabled to remember your
information, so that you don’t have to be bothered with repeatedly entering
your ID and password
- Up to ten available channels of information including – News, Sports, Movies,
Music, Travel, Auto, Careers, Games, TV and Local to help you quickly find what you want.
- Continuous stream of Headline News is displayed. 3-day local weather forecast powered by The Weather Channel.
- Quicklinks section that enables the subscriber to set one-click
access to their favorite sites. An automatic sign-on to some more common
web sites may be available.
- A Web search engine that is powered by one of the Internet leaders -- GoogleTM.
Access your TruVista email online using one of the following webmail systems.
SPAM & VIRUS FILTERING
Our new email includes anti-virus, anti-spam, and anti-phishing filtering. Web Mail gives you the ability to set and manage filtering levels within the web interface; ability to auto-file or tag identified messages to junk or a similar folder; ability to auto-delete such detected messages.
FILTERING YOUR EMAIL
Most filtering of unsolicited automated email (aka "spam" or "junk mail") is handled by a spam filter before those email messages reach your Inbox. Unlike Postini, you will not see the SPAM messages in a separate account. Mail that might possibly be junk mail, but is not certain to be junk, is placed in your Junk folder. You can review these messages and either move them out of the Junk folder or delete them. If you don't move or delete the messages, they are purged after a number of days as specified by your administrator.
HOW TO MARK EMAIL AS SPAM
- Highlight it and click Junk on the toolbar. The email is moved to your Junk folder and the spam-training filter is taught that the mail is junk.
- If you find that you are receiving a large number of unwanted email messages, contact your administrator. Reporting mail as spam helps your email administrator to fine-tune any spam filtering that may be in use at your site.